Levelset method

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
Roland
Antispam: Yes

Re: Levelset method

Post by Roland »

Hello Rich,
Thank you very much! I will try this and keep you informed. I do this investigation in the levelset Eulerian approach while waiting for some help for my current growth model explained in the former posts and which works with the Lagrangian moving mesh approach for the free surface (it is probably more efficient than the levelset method). It works nicely (the crystal growths...) except that after about 20 seconds, the meshes near the freesurface corner strech too much and then ovelapp.
Have you an idea of how this could be fixed? I tried an adaptive mesh refinement (the idea could be to remesh before the mesh overlapping occurs, you see?), but it does not work and gives a "Sigsev..." error message. Could you please perhaps take a look at it and see what could be done?
Many thanks in advance!
Roland
Roland
Antispam: Yes

Re: Levelset method

Post by Roland »

Hi,
After some additionnal settings (like a quad mesh) the phase change model starts to work nicely.
Here attached is an animation over 100s which shows the temperature (colour), the velocity (white arrows), the streamlines, and the phase change interface (thick white line).
As I would like to go further it would be very nice if you could help me for following elements:
1/ How could an adaptive meshing be added (As already explained, my trials to add the adaptive mesh command line in the Navier Stokes solver failed until now...)?
2/ Is there a way (without using a user defined function) to plot other values than the dependant variables, for instance how is it possible to plot the heat source of the heat transfer solver?
3/ Is it possible to plot a material property which is dependant of the coordinates (for instance here the viscosity has a very high value in the solid phase (over the melting temperature) and a smaller (realistic) value in the liquid phase (under the melting temperature)?
4/ If 2 and 3 are not possible in Elmer, is this perhaps possible in Paraview?
Thanks in advance for some help about these points!
Roland
Crystal_Growth_100s.gif
(762.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet