SIF language changes?

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
petroo

SIF language changes?

Post by petroo »

Hello Elmer'ers,

at the moment I am struggling with fluid dynamics problems, i.e. flows through small holes and pipes. Trying to brighten up my several fields of ignorance I consulted the new (thanks a lot for that, btw.!) tutorial edition (dated Sept. 17th 2010).

The language structures found there (e.g. in tutorial 4) were quite unknown to me, and do not resemble the familiar ones created automagically by ElmerGUI. Taking the tutorial as an example I derived a hand-made SIF file for my custom case that indeed surprised me with convergence. But now I am somewhat ill at ease with respect how to recreate the same settings by ElmerGUI.

Therefore my question: Is there something like a comprehensive list of SIF language structures, with special stress on the newer ones? And is there something like a translation of old structures into new ones?

Regards,

Peter
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: SIF language changes?

Post by raback »

Hi Peter

There hasn't been major revisions in .sif language syntax since many years ago when '=' was introduced as a separator in addition to line feed. Actually there are no sif syntaxes in the Tutorial you mention. They are just step-by-step instructions in the workflow in ElmerGUI, if I understand correctly what you're asking. So for example in page 22 there instructions how to set the BCs using the GUI for this particular problem.

-Peter
petroo

Re: SIF language changes?

Post by petroo »

Hi Peter,

yes, I think there was a misunderstanding from my side: I interpreted the example on p. 22 of the tutorial as being a part of SIF file code, where it was meant as a series of instructions to be manually entered in the GUI. :oops:

Sorry for the fuss!

Peter