Looking for Electrical Engineers for GUI apps

A forum for commercial service requests and offerings
vencels
Antispam: Yes

Looking for Electrical Engineers for GUI apps

Post by vencels »

Hi!

I am looking for enthusiastic electrical engineers from industry and academia.

Why?

My team develops a concept (platform) for small GUI simulation apps based on Salome and Elmer. I know this has been done before with ElmerSalomeModule, but "this time is different". The main focus is on providing separate apps for different tasks, prioritizing simplicity and automation over functionality, and focusing only on the most common cases while removing from the user's eyes all unnecessary stuff. Parameterized geometrical templates, automatic meshing, and post-processing, all the functionality that is needed for cross-verification (comparing with excel calculations or measurements) for an engineer with little or no simulation experience.

First of all, we would like to discuss with you whether such app could be useful for your job. Big things have small beginnings.

Email me: vencels[at]eof-consulting.com
Or schedule a video call: https://calendly.com/eof-consulting/intro

raback
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Electrical Engineers for GUI apps

Post by raback »

Nice work Juris! I hope this kind of activity helps to bridge users to Open Source software with limited GUI control. -Peter
vencels

Re: Looking for Electrical Engineers for GUI apps

Post by vencels »

We want to offer this tool to companies that otherwise would not consider OS. For them, buying commercial software is also a matter of prestige.
The app should solve 50-70% of their needs, but with minimal effort, while the remaining 30-50% could be dealt with by consultants.

Anyway, we want to make skinny apps with a short development cycle therefore inexpensive and free for academic use to stimulate the development of new features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXNyclqXiTA

We are very close (~1week) to launching the version for early users.