Set Active Solvers

Post by FabianH »

Dear All,

the following definition can be found in several test cases:

Code: Select all

Equation 1 
  Active Solvers(2) = 2 3
End
Solver 1 is the Procedure = "RigidMeshMapper" "RigidMeshMapper" for rotation, Solver 2 and 3 for solving the relevant equation and Solver 4 is Procedure = "SaveData" "SaveScalars" for saving the values.

Why i dont have to set the solver 1 for rotation and solver 4 for saving as active? For test purposes i thought that i can deactivate these by removing them from the active solvers, but that doesn't work

Thanks and best regards
Fabian
Andrea_P
Antispam: Yes

Re: Set Active Solvers

Post by Andrea_P »

FabianH wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 02:14 Dear All,

the following definition can be found in several test cases:

Equation 1 
  Active Solvers(2) = 2 3
End
Solver 1 is the Procedure = "RigidMeshMapper" "RigidMeshMapper" for rotation, Solver 2 and 3 for solving the relevant equation and Solver 4 is Procedure = "SaveData" "SaveScalars" for saving the values.

Why i dont have to set the solver 1 for rotation and solver 4 for saving as active? For test purposes i thought that i can deactivate these by removing them from the active solvers, but that doesn't work

Thanks and best regards
Fabian
Hi Fabian,
You can write also the following code string

Exec Solver = Never
in each solver in order to not read it.
-Andrea
POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF TURIN-DIMEAS
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

The "Active Solvers" are used to define the active entities on different bodies via the Equation block. This relates only to things that are really solved in the mesh. These are typically partial differential equations. Many auxiliary solvers are not bound to bodies but act everywhere. The the "Active Solvers" is not treated at all. Such solvers are often related to saving of data in different ways.

-Peter