Coupling of 2DMagDyn with helmholtz

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
sheetu
Antispam: Yes

Coupling of 2DMagDyn with helmholtz

Post by sheetu »

I want to study the effect of the cogging torque on the Sound Power Level.

to study such effect, How to couple the results of the 2DMagDyn solver with the Helmholtz solver?
raback
Site Admin

Re: Coupling of 2DMagDyn with helmholtz

Post by raback »

Hi

I guess you need to hierarhically couple: MagnetoDynamics2D -> StressSolve -> HelmholtzSolver

The challenge I guess is that you need to solve the magnetodynamics is time space and the HelmholzSolver lives in frequency space. So you either need to do FourierTransform of the transient signal or use also time-dependent equation for the sound pressure.

-Peter
sheetu

Post by sheetu »

Is it possible that after performing Fourier transform on the transient signal in Matlab, I can import results in Elmer??
If so, then how?
Can you provide some reference example or some reference material?

Other than this, I'm not able to find `Structure Interface = Logical True`Boundary condition to define coupling.
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi,

ElmerGUI includes just a part of the features of ElmerSolver. If you want to do something this difficult you have to drop ElmerGUI since it is missing many features you need.

You could use SaveLine to save the data on BCs and do whatever on the Matlab side. Helmholtz equation can eat just one frequency at a time. So if this is what you want you have to calculate different frequencies separately. Using the transient wave equation could be easier for the workflow. Both full models would probably be new in Elmer context but I think both are doable if you put enough effort to it.

-Peter
sheetu

Post by sheetu »

I'm not having that much idea of coupling in Elmer. Can you provide some reference to get some idea?