Compile ElmerGUI under Windows 10 with VS

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
ceanwang
Antispam: Yes

Re: Compile ElmerGUI under Windows 10 with VS

Post by ceanwang »

kevinarden wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 12:17 According to the documentation you have to have at least QT5.4 version.
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases/tag/0.19.1

FreeCADLibs_12.5.3_VC1.7 updates QT 5.15.1.

I am using 12.5.1, its QT should be higher than 5.4
Last edited by ceanwang on 31 Mar 2021, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.
ceanwang

Post by ceanwang »

raback wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 16:39 HI, Maybe you could drop "VTK" if that is problematic. Most people use Paraview anyways. -Peter
I just want to use vtkPost to see why it can't read my ascii vtu file.

I build vtk8.2 by myself with Module_vtkGUISupportQtOpenGl, Module_vtkGUISupportQt and Module_vtkGUISupportMFC ticked.

and copied them into FreeCADlibs.

After a few small tweaks, the main error now is:

Code: Select all

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	LNK2019	unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class QSurfaceFormat __cdecl QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget::defaultFormat(void)" (__imp_?defaultFormat@QVTKOpenGLNativeWidget@@SA?AVQSurfaceFormat@@XZ) referenced in function "public: __cdecl VtkPost::VtkPost(class QWidget *)" (??0VtkPost@@QEAA@PEAVQWidget@@@Z)	ElmerGUI	D:\00master\elmerfem-devel\ElmerGUI\build_vs\Application\vtkpost.obj	1	
Searching the net, It seems I have to build VTK with the same setting with FreeCADlibs's QT.
gregbowers

Post by gregbowers »

Compiling ElmerGUI under Windows 10 with Qt5 involves installing required software like Visual Studio, Qt5, and VTK. Modify CMake configuration files to set correct paths and build ElmerGUI using Visual Studio. Handle the QtScript dependency, considering downgrading Qt or adapting the source code. Optionally, link with FreeCAD libraries if needed. Always refer to the latest Elmer documentation and community discussions for the most accurate information.Refer thishttps://www.elmerfem.org/forum/

Thank you