Project material properties over mortar boundary

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
DGEckold
Antispam: Yes

Project material properties over mortar boundary

Post by DGEckold »

Hi,

I'm currently trying to implement a partition function that splits the share of heat flux between two meshes in contact via the mortar contact BC condition. The function should split the flux based on the density, conductivity and specific heat properties of the two bodies, and it is possible for these properties to be locally defined by some dependence on the field variables. However, while I can grab the local material properties on the current boundary, I can't find a way to get the properties for the opposing boundary.

Is there currently any machinery built into the Elmer to grab the material properties from the opposing body using mortar methods? If not, would it be possible to create a field variable based on the above properties for the slave side and somehow get that picked up by the projector and saved among the "displacement contact" vars for later use by a boundary condition on the master side?

Having had a look at SolverUtils.F90, would the key bits to edit be in the subroutines: GetContactFields and ProjectSlaveToMaster?
Any hints on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Regards,
David