Elmer Install on Windows 10 not working

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
enchantedworld
Antispam: Yes

Re: Elmer Install on Windows 10 not working

Post by enchantedworld »

I totally agree with you on Elmer's great work in the open platform. It's awesome to see how it's evolving. I'm fairly new to this forum, but I've been experimenting with Elmer on Windows 10, and I can relate to your experiences. I've also found the linear analysis to be pretty solid, especially when dealing with high-pressure data. It's been a game-changer for my simulations.
EmmuTheNord

Post by EmmuTheNord »

I recently started using it too and I'm impressed with its capabilities, especially in handling high-pressure data for linear analysis. Your point about having control over the definition and location of loads through coordinates (x, y, z) is spot on. It would indeed be a great addition, allowing for precise load application. I've noticed the same confusion regarding some rows in the Boundary Condition section in Nonlinear, like Nodal loads and Displacement Periodics. Having clearer explanations would certainly make the user experience smoother. I'm new to this forum and just getting the hang of Elmer on my windows 10 key. If anyone has tips or tricks, feel free to share! And yes, I hope the Elmer team is reading these discussions and taking our feedback into account.
Last edited by EmmuTheNord on 23 Oct 2023, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

There are options for precise application of loads you can
Target Node(i) = i1, i2, i3, etc.
or even target coordinates/