Running test cases in Windows

General discussion about Elmer
Antourloupe82
Antispam: Yes

Running test cases in Windows

Post by Antourloupe82 »

Dear all,

I need to run the test cases in Windows located is : https://github.com/ElmerCSC/elmerfem/tr ... Convection. There are six files :

- CMakeLists.txt
- ELMERSOLVER_STARTINFO
- Makefile
- case.sif
- runtest.cmake
- square.grd

I understand case.sif and square.grd...but I'm a bit lost with all other files... what should I do ? I work on windows !

Thank you
annier
Antispam: Yes

Re: Running test cases in Windows

Post by annier »

Hi Antourloupe82,
If you are trying to run the test examples using ElmerGUI or ElmerNonGUI to see the numerical simulation result, you need to change the title from "Running test cases in Windows" to "Performing Numerical Simulation using SIF file and dotGrd file in Windows" or something like that. Running the test cases means observing whether the tests developed pass all the conditions required for ElmerSolver run. I have assumed that you are trying to know how you need to proceed to run numerically the examples in the tests directory. The current title if not changed might deviate the potential commentators in telling you the needed answer.

Yours Sincerely
Anil Kunwar
Last edited by annier on 23 Jul 2015, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
mzenker

Re: Running test cases in Windows

Post by mzenker »

Hi,
Antourloupe82 wrote:Dear all,
I understand case.sif and square.grd...but I'm a bit lost with all other files... what should I do ? I work on windows !
if you just want to run the simulation, you can proceed like Anil suggested here. Just use the grd and sif and ignore the other files, they are for automated run of the test cases.

HTH,

Matthias