Upcoming Elmer Courses in May 2015

Courses, user meetings, seminars etc.
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Upcoming Elmer Courses in May 2015

Post by raback »

Dear Elmer Users and Wannebees,

There is a two-day of Elmer FEM Course coming up on 27-28 May, 2015, in Espoo, Finland. The course is intended for persons with none or some prior knowledge of Elmer but hopefully some background on the solution of partial differential equations. The course will cover the use of Elmer through its graphical user interface, ElmerGUI. Also command-line operation of Elmer will be explained. The course will also include the basics of parallel computing, the scripting language of Elmer and writing user subroutines with Elmer. The courses are often quite flexible and leave some time to discuss the users' cases as well.

The course is sponsored for Finnish academic users but also others are welcome. For more information see,
http://web.csc.fi/english/csc/courses/a ... se_may2015

After the course there is a possibility to attend a "coding day" on 29 May where the participants get instructions on coding their own models with the guidance of Elmer developers. This course is free but the participants are chosen based on their impact to Elmer development.
http://web.csc.fi/english/csc/courses/a ... ng_may2015

Best Regards,
ElmerTeam
raback
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Elmer Courses in May 2015

Post by raback »

Hi All,

There is still ten days time to sign up for the courses. We already have more than ten participants so the course will definately be organized and there is still room for others.

The "coding day" may have been intimidating and has still very few participants. We are also happy to have users with own vision without any personal coding experience.

-Peter
sebastien ROUQUETTE

Post by sebastien ROUQUETTE »

Good Morning Peter (may i call you Peter instead of Ryback?)

Just one question, have you planned a new course/training event soon (for 2016).

Cheers
Rouquette Sébastien
University of Montpellier / Mechanical and Civil Engineering Lab. / Welding Group
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

Yes, we have reserved our classroom for Elmer course in 13-15 of April, 2016. More information to follow in near future.

-Peter
sebastien ROUQUETTE

Post by sebastien ROUQUETTE »

Thank you Peter! Good to know!

I can try to "release" me for these date... if i can make it.

Cheers
Rouquette Sébastien
University of Montpellier / Mechanical and Civil Engineering Lab. / Welding Group