Executables not functioning for Windows

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
uleaum
Antispam: Yes

Executables not functioning for Windows

Post by uleaum »

Most of the Executables for the Windows binaries won't run for me on Windows XP or Windows 7 starter. I was told that Elmerfront is no longer supported (even though the shortcut stills appears on the install). I need ElmerSolver but that isn't functioning either.

The only runnable executables I have in the bin directory are ElmerGUI, ElmerGUIlogger, ElmerPost, ElmerClips, and tclsh84.

Is there a fix or should I just try and compile Elmer on Windows myself?
raback
Site Admin

Re: Executables not functioning for Windows

Post by raback »

Hi

The current installer based on rev. 6064 should work. It is available at sf.net (and at nic.funet.fi). I know that there was some dysfunctional version for a short time on nic.funet.fi. Perhaps you were unfortunate enough to catch that one. The fact that ElmerFront shortcut still appears is unintentional. Sorry for the trouble.

-Peter
uleaum

Post by uleaum »

Thanks, but I used Elmer v7.6064 from sourceforge.net. I dowloaded it on February 16. I it think may be because I tried loading it on windows XP and Windows 7 starter. If there is no fix I will just try and compile it myself.
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Well, I think it should be there. However, it is a CLI tool that has no icon associated to it. It should sit in the same directory though.-Peter