QT creator compile-from-source errors in 6.0

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
Hal
Antispam: Yes

QT creator compile-from-source errors in 6.0

Post by Hal »

Hello,

I've been using Elmer's precompiled bianries for a while now, and I decided to try to modify the GUI to make it easier to run the tests I do frequently. However, I had a few issues.

First, I tried to open the ElmerGUI.pro file in QT creator, and just tried to compile it naively out of the box (commenting out all the optional functionality in the .pri file (QWT, VTK, MATC, etc). However, I got a makefile error:

Code: Select all

make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/ethan/data/Other Downloads/trunk/build-ElmerGUI-Desktop_Qt_5_0_2_GCC_64bit-Release/matc'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `src/*.c', needed by `obj/*.o'.  Stop.
This seemed strange to me, as when I went inside the makefile, the sources are indeed inside ElmerGUI/matc. Just to see what would happen, I copied matc/src into the release directory, and got a different error:

gcc -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -fPIC -w  -I../../../../Qt/5.0.2/gcc_64/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I../../ElmerGUI/matc -I. -o obj/*.o src/*.c
gcc: fatal error: cannot specify -o with -c, -S or -E with multiple files
So I'm confused thusfar, as it first complains that it can't find the sources (even though the makefile looks right), but if I put them there it complains I've already included them once.

Then I tried to see if I could compile them without using QT creator. Going into the ElmerGUI directory and using qmake->make->make install, I didn't have that makefile error. However, I had a different one:

In file included from ../../ElmerGUI/Application/src/mainwindow.h:52:0,
                 from ../../ElmerGUI/Application/src/bodypropertyeditor.cpp:43:
../../ElmerGUI/Application/src/glwidget.h:198:3: error: 'GLUquadricObj' does not name a type
Going into glwidget and adding:

#include <GL/glu.h>
I found another compile error.

In file included from ../../ElmerGUI/Application/src/mainwindow.h:52:0,
                 from ../../ElmerGUI/Application/src/bodypropertyeditor.cpp:43:
../../ElmerGUI/Application/src/glwidget.h:54:20: fatal error: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
And after some sniffing around, I realized that this last bug was fixed here in 6.1 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepor ... =671907#10

But so my main concern is, what's the deal with that first error? I think I'd prefer to use QT creator, and since I didn't get that same error compiling outside the GUI, I feel like this should be fixable. Does anyone have any insight to add?

Thanks a bunch!