Handling of materials database

The graphical user interface of Elmer
mzenker

Handling of materials database

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

I want to add my own materials to the materials database in ElmerGUI.
Instead of editing egmaterials.xml in the bin/edf directory, I have created my own file (with a different name) containing my materials definitions. I have then used the "Append" button in the "Material library" window and appended the contents of my file to the contents of egmaterials.xml within ElmerGUI - at least I thought having done so. But now I cannot select a material of egmaterials.xml, just one from my own file. So apparently the "Append" button does not do what it is expected to do, or I did something wrong.
Workaround: insert my materials directly into egmaterials.xml...

Question: What is the "Append" button supposed to do?

Matthias
mzenker

Re: Handling of materials database

Post by mzenker »

No answer, anyone...? :)
wismith
Antispam: Yes

Post by wismith »

Judging by the label it should add files but after your report I'm not sure anymore
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

I am still interested in an elegant way to add my own materials to the materials database in ElmerGUI. By "elegant" I understand having my materials declarations in a separate file, and having access to the Elmer default database and to my file at the same time.

Is there a way to

* import a file, e.g. with an xml statement in egmaterials.xml (or with "append" in the GUI, if it did what a naive user would expect it to do)
or
* open a second materials database in the GUI?

Thank you for an answer...

Matthias