Scanning a case with circuits solver

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
fjimenez
Antispam: Yes

Scanning a case with circuits solver

Post by fjimenez »

Hi all,

I have a case where I use the Scanning Simulation type with the WhitneyAVHarmonicSolver. It works as intended for 2 or more iterations (I have to use a modified CalcFields solver for more than 2 iterations): when the second iteration starts, it uses the previous solution as the initial conditions (at least I think this is what is happening). There is probably a better way to do this but this is working for me. However, this same setup does not work if I add the circuits solver. Is there something I can do to make it work or this is not possible given the architecture of the solver? The case is the same as in a previous post: a coil, a piece of copper, and air. If I add the circuits solver to the coil the second iteration diverges. I want to add the magnetic field generated by the eddy currents in the copper piece into the solution of the AVHarmonic solver.

Cheers,

Francisco
copper_and_coil.sif
(5.44 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
copper_and_coil_circuits.sif
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
CalcFields.F90
(128.54 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
raback
Site Admin

Re: Scanning a case with circuits solver

Post by raback »

Hi

Sometimes the solvers include something that is done the 1st time only and then saved for later use. It seems that the CircuitSolver might include something like this. Usually it is not a big deal to modify the code such that things are reinitialized. Many balls in the air right now so difficult to promise a quick fix.

-Peter
fjimenez

Re: Scanning a case with circuits solver

Post by fjimenez »

Thanks Peter, this sounds like it might be possible, which is good news for me. Looking forward to hearing about a solution since I found that this might open some doors to do very interesting work with both solvers.