Visualize boundaries

Post processing utility for Elmer
mzenker

Visualize boundaries

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

is there a way to visualize the boundary surfaces (resp. lines in 2D) in ElmerPost (or the VTK postprocessor when it works)?
One can often guess where the boundaries are from e.g. the Potential distribution in electromagnetic calculations, but I would like to show them explicitly nevertheless.
Any idea?

Thank you,

Matthias
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Visualize boundaries

Post by raback »

Hi Matthias

Do you mean existing material boundaries, or all element boundaries. In the Color Mesh Edit box in ElmerPost you can choose to visualize surfaces and edges. When you read in the model you can in the Read Model File choose to "Generate Volume Element Sides" or "Generate Volume Element Edges". This is if you wish to visualize all Sides/Edges. The predetermined ones may be selectively also passivated in the Edit -> Grouping menu.

-Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

In my case (2D simulation) the trick was to set "Mesh Style" to "Both" in the Color Mesh Edit Box.

Thank you!

Matthias
petroo

Post by petroo »

Hello Peter,

motivated by Thomas' question, here is a related one: If I use a partitioned mesh (to exploit a QuadCore) I obtain inner "boundary surfaces" displayed in ElmerPost's color mesh for my 3-d objects at the positions of the calculational partition borders, even if I check to display free surfaces only. Playing around with the possible settings of the color mesh display I did not find a setting that would eliminate those pseudo-surfaces that tend to interfere optically with relevant detail displays right in the midst of the object. Is there a possibility to hide them?

Regards,

Peter