Problems when compiling Elmer Solver libraries

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
ka1

Problems when compiling Elmer Solver libraries

Post by ka1 »

Hi everyone,

I have some trouble compiling and using Elmer Solver 5.4.0 on my Windows XP workstation (mpi disabled). I downloaded and compiled everything as described in http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer/sources/. Unfortunately the solver libs (e.g. StatElecSolve.dll) cannot be loaded when the solver is started. They depend on libgfortran-3.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll located in the MinGW bin directory, which themselves refer to some strange missing functions in system libraries (e.g. ","). I've got another fully functional version of Elmer so I checked the dependencies of the included libraries but there were no references to libgfortran-3.dll or libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll. Both libraries were falsely linked dynamically so I appended '-static-libgfortran' and '-static-libgcc' to both C and Fortran linker command lines. Gfortran accepted them, gcc ignored them (libelmersolver.dll linked by gcc – still depending on libgfortran-3.dll and libstdc++-6.dll).

Does anyone have the same problem? I’d be happy if I got rid of those dependencies so I can work with the solver libraries. By the way, gfortran outputs an error when it’s used with ‘-static-libstc++’ so that won’t help.

Thanks in advance.