Time Dependent Boundary Condition

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
selim

Time Dependent Boundary Condition

Post by selim »

Hallo,

I want to use a time dependent boundray condition at the inlet for the Compressible N-S equation.

I added something like this in the . sif file for the related boundary condition.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boundary Condition 3
Name=''Constraint 3''
Target Boundaries(1)=3

Velocity 1=Variable ''Time''
MATC ''0.2+0.2*sin(200*tx)''
Velocity 2=0
Temperature=293
End
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But when I start to run a transient calculation from elmer front, it doesnt recognize the time dependent part. It doesnt give me any error or warning!
(By the way in elmer front for the boundary condition the relted boundary reads 0.2. Should I also change this (how) and does it have any efefct

Thanks
Selim
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Time Dependent Boundary Condition

Post by raback »

Hi Selim,

Unfortunately, ElmerFront is no longer supported. However, it and the new ElmerGUI have the common feature that the .sif file is not the format in which the state of the graphical user interface is stored. Hence, any manual changes made in the .sif file will not be taken into account when rewriting the sif file. At least in ElmerGUI you should be able to write the desired expression: just press "Enter" in a empty "Velocity 1" box and you should get a multiline box where you can apply your transient model.

If you edit the .sif file manually you should be able to call ElmerSolver from command line. Simply go to the directory where the .sif file is located and type "ElmerSolver" at the command promt.

BR, Peter