Wall boundary conditions for Turbulent flow analysis

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
drone50
Antispam: Yes

Wall boundary conditions for Turbulent flow analysis

Post by drone50 »

Hello dear Elmer users,

I have several questions for turbulent analysis and how to update input variables or parameters.

Firstly, let me talk about the setting boundary conditions of wall for turbulent analysis using RANS approaches such as k-e or k-w model. According to a document of 'ElmerTutorials' on the chapter of 'Navier-Stokes equation – Turbulent incompressible flow passing a step', no-slip boundary condition is imposed to walls where k-w model is used for calculating turbulent flow. Of course, I have obtained spurious results on this stepped model when I followed this example said. As far as I know, boundary condition of wall for turbulent analysis is of 'wall function' mostly, except Spalart-Allmaras model. Therefore, now I am thinking this document is wrong, and I am waiting the proper suggestions or comments from many elmer users sincerely. Is there any clearly organized document or .sif file for tubulent analysis using elmer?

Secondly, this question could be minor because I am newbie of elmer, tell me the way how to fix or update input variables or parameters whenever I resolve, on the ElmerGUI environment. Intuitively, there is a one way to select update button after changing inlet velocity, for instance. Then, re-generate .sif file then click solve button. However, there is no change compared to the result when using former inlet velocity value. The only way to update changed value is turn off and on again, after saving project. These procedures are soooooooooo annoying to user. I have tested this situation for both computers, Windows and Mac OS X, but both are same. Please show me the way to overcome this problem.

Cheers,
Kee
mzenker

Re: Wall boundary conditions for Turbulent flow analysis

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

do "save project" after changing anything, then start solver. Normally the result should reflect the changes then, or the problem is elsewhere.

HTH,

Matthias
drone50
Antispam: Yes

Post by drone50 »

Hi Matthias. I appriciate this advise, and it works fine. Thank you.

Further, Let me see the proper document or information for implementation of elmer turbulent analysis associated with any applications.

Best regards,
Kee
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

I don't do any fluidics with Elmer, so I cannot help you here, sorry.

Matthias