Gmsh error " ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number 6 had a"

Mesh generators, CAD programs, and other tools
tamminj3
Antispam: Yes

Gmsh error " ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number 6 had a"

Post by tamminj3 »

Hi,

I am trying to make some coil simulation and I have already made a geometric model of the coil system using Gmsh software. However, I have problems when trying to open my .geo file again. The file worked last week and i was even able to make one .mesh using gmsh, but now Gmsh only give me warning " ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number 6 had an illegal value".
Does anybody know what has gone wrong with my model and how can i overcome the problem?

The purpose of the .geo file is to generate two identical coils to same center axle and a sphere around them. At the begining of .geo, there is a few lines where user can define the dimensions of coils. I have almost the same problem with Netgen. when opening the file, Netgen gives warning "Geo-file should start with 'algebraic3d' ".

I attached .txt file of my geometry.
coil system.txt
geo file created using Gmsh
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
EDIT: I added the "algebraic3d" at the beginning of the file, and then Netgen didn't show any error. However, Netgen shows nothing at all, no geometry were loaded.
-Jussi
mzenker

Re: Gmsh error " ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number 6 had a"

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

when I change the file extension to .geo and open with gmsh 3.0.4, I get some "unknown surface" errors. So if that is the geo file you are working with, you should fix those first.
In case of persisting gmsh problems the gmsh mailing list is a better place to ask.

HTH,
Matthias
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Gmsh error " ** On entry to DGESVD parameter number 6 had a"

Post by raback »

Moi Jussi,

The .geo files for netgen and gmsh are totally different, unfortunately.

The DGESVD is a Lapack routine for singular value decomposition. Don't know what it is used for.

-Peter