Problem with creating groups of volumes with Salome

Mesh generators, CAD programs, and other tools
zinko

Problem with creating groups of volumes with Salome

Post by zinko »

Hi,

I have a mesh of a compound of two cylinders (created with Salome). Export to *.unv, then creating a gmesh and then creating a mesh file with ElmerGrid (14 2) works fine. This file can be read by Elmer.
Now the problem: If i define two groups of volumes in this Mesh (because i need this two groups later for defining two differnent materials) and creat my mesh file as described above the compilation works (no error message) but if i want to open the file in Elmer it is not possible. (error: Model mesh H [m]: -1)
Has somebody any idea what is wrong?
Thanks
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Problem with creating groups of volumes with Salome

Post by raback »

Hi

Could you attach a minimal .unv and .msh (Gmsh) files that have this behavior so I could have a look at the ElmerGrid parser.

-Peter
zinko

Post by zinko »

HI,

thank you for your answer. Here are the two files. I defined the two groups of volumes and the file doesn´t work. If i don´t define this two groups it works.

Thanks

Martin
Attachments
quarter.msh
File with the two groups of volumes. This file doesn´t work.
(24.81 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
quarter.unv
File with the two groups of volumes. This file doesn´t work.
(111.17 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi Martin

I had a quick look at the files. There are some problems but there are also workarounds. The clear problem seems to be that Elmer cannot read in mesh files with lower dimensional elements. This you can override by '-autoclean' flag. Then loading the file should be no problem.

You can also open the files directly in ElmerGUI and then this problem does not seem to exist. However, it may still be wise to apply the same flag in the Mesh / Configure / elmergrid slot.

-Peter