How to bring into Elmer GUI several Bodies?

Mesh generators, CAD programs, and other tools
elgrip
Antispam: Yes

How to bring into Elmer GUI several Bodies?

Post by elgrip »

I am using SolidWorks to draw up several bodies in a vacuum enclosure, which radiate between each other. I export a STEP file and import into Salome for meshing, then into Elmer GUI using the .unv format.

However at this point Elmer sees it all as one body so I can't set separate Body conditions. How can one import separate bodies?

I have been using Salome since its GUI is rather easier for me to manipulate than the GMSH GUI, and it has more useful help files that guide me through the needed actions. However I can't see how to make separate bodies in Salome, if it is possible.
petroo

Re: How to bring into Elmer GUI several Bodies?

Post by petroo »

Hello Elgrip,

you are aware of this respective help page?

Regards,

Peter
elgrip
Antispam: Yes

Post by elgrip »

Ahh; I had seen that article but did not realise that these partitions would yield separate bodies. I just tried this method and it works! The current Salome GUI differs from that in the article but it was not too hard to figure out. Thanks!
petroo

Post by petroo »

Hi Elgrip,

fine that my pointer could help.
elgrip wrote:The current Salome GUI differs from that in the article but it was not too hard to figure out. Thanks!
Thanks for this remark, as I fetched the latest Salomé version just some days ago, but had not yet the time to check changes. Since I make a jump from 5.x to 6.4 there may be some more changes to meet ... :roll:

Regards,

Peter