ElmerPost not working - only empty grey and black windows

Post processing utility for Elmer
mubunk
Antispam: Yes

ElmerPost not working - only empty grey and black windows

Post by mubunk »

Hi,
I have compiled Elmer on Linux 64bit with gcc, g++ and gfortran and it seems to working. The only problem is that the ElmerPost doesn't show me anything - it opens only one smaller grey and one bigger black window, both empty. I don't know what I have to do - I have tried to solve some examples from tutorial, it was good only after "Start postprocessor" these two empty windows have been opened. And if I type ElmerPost into command line (bash), the same opens me.
I add the image - print screen here:
I have tried to compile the ElmerPost extrra from the ./post directory but I have used the Makefile which was already there (I didn't done any new ./configure script)
Can you please help me?
mzenker

Re: ElmerPost not working - only empty grey and black windows

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

AFAIK ElmerPost is not actively developed any more.
I would recommend using ParaView as postprocessor - use ResultOutputSolver with vtu binary to write out the data.

HTH,

Matthias
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi

Perhaps there is something wrong with your rendering (libraries or graphics card compatibility). I don't know much of them but just because ElmerPost is not actively developed it does not usually have bugs. It is still perfectly usable but given the alternatives it may not be worth to fight, as Matthias pointer out.

Note that if you have rather fresh compilation it is enough that you specify your output file with a suffix .vtu and ElmerSolver internally takes a copy of the ResultOutputSolver with default settings.

-Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Sorry, didn't want to put ElmerPost down too much...

Thank you for the hint with

Post File = case.vtu

in the sif file, I will try it out these days...

Matthias