savempg parameters for Windows

Post processing utility for Elmer
mzenker

savempg parameters for Windows

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

I have a problem making animations for Windows XP. I have Windows Media Player, Real Player and Quicktime installed. For Quicktime, only the MPG1 codec gives playable results. But since I cannot assume everybody to have Quicktime installed, I want to generate something playable with Media Player. Unfortunately, I cannot generate playable movies for Media Player and Real Player, only the first image is shown. I did not try to to change the Bitrate, GOP-size and B-size parameters in the savempg plugin, since I have absolutely no idea what would be more reasonable settings that the default.

Did anyone succeed to generate movies playable with other settings and for other movie players than Quicktime?

Thank you,

Matthias
mzenker

Re: savempg parameters for Windows

Post by mzenker »

Update: vlc player can also play my animations, but the video window closes so quickly that I cannot hit the pause button if I want to look at some picture more closely. I have found no way to make vlc not close the window immediately at the end of the animation. For some reason I cannot access the videolan forum and wiki pages. Does anyone use vlc player (latest version) under Windoze XP and knows a solution?

Matthias
charlesramsay2011
Antispam: Yes

Re: savempg parameters for Windows

Post by charlesramsay2011 »

Did you try already to update you VLC's? or get the latest software...All works fine with me..

I got my VLC here https://download-free.com/vlc-player