where are the tutorials located?

General discussion about Elmer
spacedout
Antispam: Yes

where are the tutorials located?

Post by spacedout »

Good afternoon

This may sound like a very newbie question. However, I have no choice but to ask since I've hit-a-wall.
I have just installed the nightly windows executable under the Program Files (x86) folder but I cannot find any of the directories mentioned under the ElmerTurorlal.pdf. My laptop is running the Windows 7 OS.

Did I install the wrong version ? Could it be that the tutorials are only available under the Linux virtual machine for example ?

Happy Easter
spacedout

Re: where are the tutorials located?

Post by spacedout »

Hello Kevinarden

Sorry, I should have been more careful and entitled the request as where are the directories mentioned in the tutorial pdf ?
(You are pointing me to the ElmerTutorial.pdf which I had already downloaded a week ago). I just cannot figure out which installation contains them.

Thanks to all
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

In the link I sent are two tar files
files.png
files.png (15.61 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
One for the ElmerGUI tutorial filesand one for the non GUI tutorial files.

Also sometimes the GUI tutorials says to load a geometry file

Depending on your system OS and how you installed it, they are in your ElmerGUI shared directory

/usr/share/ElmerGUI/samples

is the typical linux installation
spacedout

Post by spacedout »

I apologize. I should have realized from their sizes that those two .tar.gz contained the case studies themselves. It also appears to me that the ElmerGUI/samples subdirectories contain several of them as well.

Great many thanks