How to capture Spinning Mode Shapes of acoustic cavity ?

General discussion about Elmer
naveens_18
Antispam: Yes

How to capture Spinning Mode Shapes of acoustic cavity ?

Post by naveens_18 »

Fist of all which Module of ELMER Software should be used for capturing spinning mode shapes of air acoustic cavity? Currently I am having ELMER GUI which didn't having such kind analysis.
Could any one suggest about this topic, also which FE Formats ELMER is supporting ?
mzenker

Re: How to capture Spinning Mode Shapes of acoustic cavity ?

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

I am no acoustics expert, but I can give you some general hints:
If you want to explore Elmer's capabilities, you should have a look in to the Models manual.
For each solver present in ElmerGUI, there is an xml file in share/ElmerGUI/edf in your Elmer installation directory. If a solver is missing, chances are that you find the corresponding xml file in share/ElmerGUI/edf-extra. Just move it to the edf directory and restart ElmerGUI. If there is no xml file for your preferred solver, you can write one yourself, taking an existing one as template. The format is easy to understand, and is described in the ElmerGUI manual.
The supported mesh formats are listed in the ElmerGrid manual. For output formats, refer to the Chapter on Resultoutput solver in the Models manual.
Much information can also be found by searching this forum.

HTH,

Matthias
naveens_18

Post by naveens_18 »

Thanks..
naveens_18

Post by naveens_18 »

Is it possible to run Modal Analysis in ELMER GUI ?
naveens_18

Post by naveens_18 »

Suppose I import abaqus FE File (.inp) or another format and after that is it possible to run Modal Analysis in ELMER GUI?