is there a solver that reads external data to use it ...

General discussion about Elmer
sebastien ROUQUETTE
Antispam: Yes

is there a solver that reads external data to use it ...

Post by sebastien ROUQUETTE »

... in an elmer computation?

for example, i make a first computation on a different meshgrid then save the data, make some data processing and i want to use this data as body force in another simulation with a different meshgrid.

So is there something like this?

i was thinking to run a electrostatic problem, export the current density solution for some data processing and reuse it in a navier-stokes problem...

Regards
Rouquette Sébastien
University of Montpellier / Mechanical and Civil Engineering Lab. / Welding Group
raback
Site Admin

Re: is there a solver that reads external data to use it ...

Post by raback »

Hi

If you want to do mesh-to-mesh mapping you should have both meshes read in at the same time. This can be done so that you have a default mesh (where you can also do restart) and a solver-specific mesh defined for some solver that uses different meshing. In principle Elmer automatically maps the field variable when they are requested in the other mesh. In parallel this might not work quite like this...

-Peter
sebastien ROUQUETTE

Re: is there a solver that reads external data to use it ...

Post by sebastien ROUQUETTE »

interesting... need to be tested! i don't simulate in parallel... i have some steps to pass before that! ;-)
Cheers
Rouquette Sébastien
University of Montpellier / Mechanical and Civil Engineering Lab. / Welding Group