Cooling in air : Heat Transfer and Navier-Stokes

General discussion about Elmer
Antourloupe82
Antispam: Yes

Re: Cooling in air : Heat Transfer and Navier-Stokes

Post by Antourloupe82 »

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

The grey inner circle is not missing or detached...It is just the trace of the x-axis in ParaView...See the oblique view in the attachement
VelocityField.jpg
VelocityField.jpg (94.1 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
Antourloupe82

Post by Antourloupe82 »

Unfortunately nothing works !
annier

Post by annier »

Hi Antourloupe82,
Coupling of Navier-Stokes solver with other solvers itself is an arena of computational fluid dyamics. persevere in your efforts please.

Yours Sincerely
Anil Kunwar
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
Antourloupe82

Post by Antourloupe82 »

Dear Annier,

My problem is that I already solved this problem by using comsol or Freefem. It took to me ten minutes... Unfortunately by using Elmer this took to me two months and for the moment enough results... To be clear, I do not know if it is a good idea to continue to use Elmer for this type of problem.
annier

Post by annier »

Hi Antourloupe82,
The numerical methodology for elmer and comsol are slightly different in some aspects.
If you can send herein your comsol solutions and results here, you may find more suggestions regarding Elmer where you need to take care of.

Yours Sincerely
Anil Kunwar
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi Antourloupe82

I'm sorry to hear that Elmer would not work for you. The problem should be solvable with Elmer even though it might not be at a the strongest side of Elmer. I would still suspect that it is a resolution issue (in space or time), or there is something wrong with the connectivity of your mesh. Elmer has been used already for more than a decade for problems involving natural convection. Unfortunately this also means that we consider the features rather mature and it is not currently under further development. We would be more likely to provide pro bono help on features that are being developed.

Newertheless, I'm happy that you have found software that serves you better. We certainly cannot compete with Comsol on usability, and it is not even our intention. Elmer has its own strengths in customizability and parallel performance which may be critical for some users.

-Peter