FEM simulation from DICOM data

General discussion about Elmer
siti.nurhasanah
Antispam: Yes

FEM simulation from DICOM data

Post by siti.nurhasanah »

Hi everybody,
Does anybody here have experienced in DICOM file reconstruction and make a FEM simulation?
I am doing a research in Dicom 3D reconstruction from CT-Scan file (DICOM) and make electrostatic simulation use FEM (Elmer)
Initially I planned to use 3D-Slicer for read a dicom data, but I don't know how can the file opened in Elmer.
any information would be very useful for me

Thanks before
raback
Site Admin

Re: FEM simulation from DICOM data

Post by raback »

Hi

You should rather do the meshing outside Elmer. There seemed to be a plugin called IA_FEMesh, see

http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index. ... tation-3.4

Unfortunately I didn't see any other export formats than Abaqus in the documentation but maybe they have added new formats.

-Peter
siti.nurhasanah

Post by siti.nurhasanah »

thank you for your information, but now i use 3-D Slicer 4.3.1 and there are no plugin IA_FEMesh in new edition of 3D slicer.

do you have any recommendation for the software similar with 3D slicer? open source software and can read any Dicom data and send file to Elmer?
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

Sorry, I haven't done this kind of meshing myself. Is there some specific reason why the new version does not include IA_FEMesh. I would contact the authors of the plugin.

I also found a software called "DICOM2FEM" which could also be of some use.

Generally it would be really nice to have a proven way to get meshes into Elmer from biomedical imaging. This would open avenues for many interesting applications.

-Peter
Alid19

Post by Alid19 »

Hello,

The information and yield required for FEM-recreation can't be straightforwardly depicted by DICOM, yet Contrasted with past work with recreate stent-vessel-collaboration.