Divide Edges in ElmerGUI?

The graphical user interface of Elmer
UNDstudent
Antispam: Yes

Divide Edges in ElmerGUI?

Post by UNDstudent »

I've got a .unv file of a rectangular plate. Attempting to recreate ASTM E1300 deflection values. I was able to divide the 6 surfaces in Elmer but have been struggling with dividing the edges so I can place constraints on the exterior edges rather than the faces of the plate. I'm very new to Elmer and haven't been able to find any tutorials describing how to use the Mesh>divide edges tool in Elmer. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments
60x50x0.085.unv
(90 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
kevinarden

Re: Divide Edges in ElmerGUI?

Post by kevinarden »

Because there are not any edges. I open you unv in ElmerGUI, save project, read mesh.header and no edges!

Use ElmerGrid 8 2 60x50x0.85.unv and it will create an elmer mesh in a sub directory. It has edges, use load mesh in ElmerGUI to select and divide edges. When you load mesh you select the directory not the files.

kevin
UNDstudent

Post by UNDstudent »

Thank you for the reply.
I followed your instructions and received the following in the Windows command prompt

Elmergrid saving data with method 2:
Saving mesh in ElmerSolver format to directory 60x50x0.085.
Could not create a result directory!

Where did I go wrong?
kevinarden

Post by kevinarden »

Not a windows user but 60x50x0.85 may not be a valid filename in windows, try to rename unv file to 60_50_85, I think the "." means it is starting an extension.