Elastic wave

The graphical user interface of Elmer
Fouzi
Antispam: Yes

Re: Elastic wave

Post by Fouzi »

Hi,

I have a other question please, i want to export my last result for Eigen analysis in elastic plate who work good in ep file to vtu file, the aim is to save animation with paraview, but the probleme i am not sure how to activate this annimattion (please see this picture). I know that i have to ajust the scale but i don't find where?.

Fouzi
Attachments
Paraview_0.PNG
(168.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

if gmsh works in m depends on your definition of the geometry. If you have entered the coordinates in m, then it's m.
You can verify the dimensions of your imported mesh by examining Model->Summary in ElmerGUI.
The "Coordinate Scaling" (use it only when your mesh coordinates are NOT in m) goes into the free text field under "Simulation", not "Constants".
For animation in ParaView I don't know by heart, but there is documentation and a mailing list for ParaView.

HTH,

Matthias
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Hi
Thank you very much Mattias
Is it possible to save annimation with Elmer post?

Elmer is in "m" unite?

Fouzi
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Yes, but I don't remember how. The documentation for ElmerPost is in the help window.
Elmer assumes m by default.

Matthias
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

ok thank you, so i see the summary in ElmerGui (see the picture please), and it's mean Gmsh also is in "m".

Fouzi
Attachments
Summary.PNG
Summary.PNG (17.49 KiB) Viewed 3901 times
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

That's correct if your plate is 50 cm x 30 cm x 3 mm.
Then no "Coordinate Scaling" necessary, and everything should work like a charm now... ;)

Matthias
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Thank you Matthias , and sorry for all my stupid question, i will try simulation as i define spacial and temporel step, i will put the result as soon as possible.

But with paraview even i use "warpbyvector" filter and modify the scale factore it does'nnt work (the eigen analyse ). :oops:

Fouzi
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Sorry, I have never done neither mechanics with Elmer nor Eigenanalysis at all, cannot help you here...

Matthias
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi Fouzi

You either have a harmonic system with harmonic load, or transient system with transient load. Now you try to do harmonic/eigenmode analysis but have been asking for transient point load...

-Peter
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Hi
Thank you Matthias,

No Peter, it's for an other simulation "eigen analysis of plate" that i validated and its work correctly but i want only save the deformation animation because with Elmer post i can't. Can you help me :) please?

Fouzi