Elastic wave

The graphical user interface of Elmer
Fouzi
Antispam: Yes

Elastic wave

Post by Fouzi »

Hi every one,

I have to simulate wave propagation in different plate (Thin, with default)
For different sinario, i want to simulate PZT actuator and after Recover the signal, can you explain to me how i can do this with Elmer please?

Fouzi
Last edited by Fouzi on 11 Apr 2017, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
raback
Site Admin

Re: Elastic wave

Post by raback »

Hi

Study what the relevant equations in detail are and check whether they are available in Elmer. If something is missing ask yourself whether you can implement it or perhaps need a code that can do it out-of-box.

I would mostly be worried out the PZT stuff since there is only a experimental implementation with weak coupling available.

-Peter
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Hi Peter,

Thank for your answer, yes i am searching now how to implement Reissner-Mindlin model to modilise A0 mode in thin plate, and after i want to Retrieve the data (file .*dat), to be able to study the signal with octave. but i have no idea how to do this, can you help me?

Fouzi
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

The R-M plate is modeled using SmitcSolver. Then save the signal using SaveLine or SaveGridData if you want to read it in using octave.

-Peter
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Hi

As am beginer with this software, i do no't know where i can find this solver "SmitcSolver", in the same time a have another question :) i want to setup a signal of excitation in specifc position (x,y) for CND application, Is there a graphical solution to do this? or i have to write a user function to créet my signal of excitation.

Thank you alot for all your answer

Fouzi
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Sorry i find it in the Elmer documentation, answer me just for the second question please.

Fouzi
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

what kind of signal do you need?
There is no "graphic solution" inside Elmer for this kind of things. But you can use tables, data files, MATC commands and as last resort user functions to define whatever signal you want. See section 2.3 in the Solver Manual.

HTH,

Matthias
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Hi Matthias ;

Sinusoïdal SIGNAL (half période).

Fouzi
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

for a simple sinusoidal signal, a table will do - unless it depends on both time and coordinate. Then you have the choice between MATC (easier, I would recommend that at least for a first test) and udf (user defined function - faster).

HTH,

Matthias
Fouzi

Post by Fouzi »

Hi,

I use udf( can you please check my code, i compile and creat a dll with elmer90), and i have some question :

-I undertund what is the modal but i don't knowe if in my case is the same name or the name that i give when i creat my project, i d'on't know how to change it?
-I don't know how to add the variable in my sif file (i mean with GUI) and this line ''Real procedure "load" "getload".
-Every time i lose my model (GUI) when i close and open again my elmer , even i have the sif file and .xml who contain all configuration.
all time i generate and save project as in the recomandation.

Thank's

Fouzi
Attachments
Load.f90
(853 Bytes) Downloaded 326 times