Solver control displays wrong solver settings

The graphical user interface of Elmer
GregD
Antispam: Yes

Solver control displays wrong solver settings

Post by GregD »

I have some Elmer projects created with ElmerGUI from mid-2014. When I load them in ElmerGUI 8.0 (I think; installed 7/2015) they don't seem to load correctly.

These models define an Equation that uses the HeatEquation, Navier-Stokes, and SaveScalars solvers. When I select the SaveLine solver, and then select Edit Solver Settings, the Solver specific options tab displays what I think are the options to the Result Output solver. In fact, whatever solver I select other than the first two (Advection Diffusion Equation and Electrostatics), when I select Edit Solver Settings I get Solver specific options that relate to a different solver - one that is earlier in the list.

Is this a known bug with a work-around?
mzenker

Re: Solver control displays wrong solver settings

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

this is a known bug of ElmerGUI, unfortunately still not fixed: If you have loaded different solvers than before, the settings for old projects get screwed up. There are two workarounds:
1. Use exactly the same solvers (i.e. solver xml files in the ElmerGUI installation directory) as you did when the project was saved
2. Convert your project file to the actual solver configuration in ElmerGUI. I have once written a script that does that, see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=847

HTH,

Matthias