Open ParaView from ElmerGUI

The graphical user interface of Elmer
mzenker

Open ParaView from ElmerGUI

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

in the new ElmerGUI that comes with Elmer 8.x, one can start ParaView directly for postprocessing (if the system Path points to the bin directory of the ParaView installation).
I have just tested it for the first time - it works fine if one has given a .vtu file as "Post file" name in the Simulation section (Model > Setup in ElmerGUI). It doesn't seem to work if I use ResultOutputSolver instead, e.g. to write a pvd time collection file (.pvd) so that ParaView sees the timesteps with their real value. I can open the .pvd manually in ParaView without problems.

Questions:
1) Is this supposed to work with ResultOutputSolver? If so, what did I do wrong?
2) Could there be a way to tell ElmerGUI to open ParaView with the file(s) written by ResultOutputSolver?

Thanks,

Matthias
serge_13
Antispam: Yes

Re: Open ParaView from ElmerGUI

Post by serge_13 »

Good day !

I think the idea to create code CGNSSaveSolver in Elmer may be productive to resolve the tasks of Post Processing. I have realized an experimental version in the case of one model of turbulent vortex flow. Here http://t-flow.ru/index.php?option=com_p ... 48&lang=ruare the output data of the numerical experiment with anisotropic model of turbulence. The file *.cgns file format may be viewed in postprocessor ParaView 4.1 x64 and in ANSYS 15.0 x64. The standard file of Elmer's output *.ep may be found here.

Best regars,
Serge.