Elmer GUI 7.0 for Win7, no k-epsilon equation?

The graphical user interface of Elmer
Szudi
Antispam: Yes

Elmer GUI 7.0 for Win7, no k-epsilon equation?

Post by Szudi »

Hello,

I was following the tutorial to turbulent incompressible flow and got stuck. It is told that I should pick as well Navier-Stokes, as K-Epsilon model. But I don't have K-Epsilon model to choose, nor K-Epsilon initial condition nor boundary condition. There is only one option where I can specify anything about K-Epsilon and that is Material -> Navier Stokes -> Viscosity Model. In every other place the K-Epsilon option is not there.

I understand that the tutorial (http://s3.amazonaws.com/zanran_storage/ ... 322314.pdf , page 41) refers to the older version of Elmer GUI, but shouldn't those options still be there?
annier

Re: Elmer GUI 7.0 for Win7, no k-epsilon equation?

Post by annier »

Hi Szudi,
There is a K-Epsilon solver (KESolver.src) in elmerfem/fem/src/modules directory. The source file of Navier-Stokes(N-S) equation in the same directory is FlowSolve.src.
In ElmerGUI, there are two locations of .xml files of solvers.
  • $ELMER_HOME/share/ElmerGUI/edf/
  • $ELMER_HOME/share/ElmerGUI/edf-extra/
When we run ElmerGUI, it will load solvers present in edf folder. The k-epsilon.xml file of K-Epsilon solver is in edf-extra directory. So, we need to copy all the .xml files from edf-extra and add these files into the edf directory. Then, when we run ElmerGUI, we can see the option for K-Epsilon solver along with the other solvers including Navier-Stokes solver.

Yours
Anil Kunwar
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
Szudi

Re: Elmer GUI 7.0 for Win7, no k-epsilon equation?

Post by Szudi »

Thank you so much!