CALCULATE JOUL HEATING

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
Andrea_P
Antispam: Yes

CALCULATE JOUL HEATING

Post by Andrea_P »

Good morning dear community,
I am trying to edit tutorial 14 by adding the computation of Joule Heating in MgDyn2DPost solver, nevertheless, it gives me always the same problem: "BSolver: Joule heating can only be computed for complex problems!". I have proved also with "MagnetoDynamicsCalcFields" in the previous solver without producing anything. Can you explain where is the error, please?. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards,
Andrea
Attachments
case.sif
(3.17 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF TURIN-DIMEAS
raback
Site Admin

Re: CALCULATE JOUL HEATING

Post by raback »

Hi

In a steady state system with permanent magnets what would be the means by which currents would be generated and therefore Joule losses could be computed?

-Peter
Andrea_P

Post by Andrea_P »

Hi Peter,
I apologize, I attached the wrong case.sif. It gives the same warning message as a transient simulation.
Regards,
Andrea
Attachments
case.sif
(3.2 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

Sorry, I still don't see why a pure magnetostatics problem would lead to joule losses.

The Joule heating requires that there is a conductor with ohmic losses, its density is \rho|E|^2. The MagnetoDynamicsCalcFields solver will compute losses also for transient system also.

-Peter
Andrea_P

Post by Andrea_P »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your answer again, hence I should use a harmonic current for example as in the tutorials? Because my idea was to use a continuous current and compute the joule heating by applying a potential differential at the extremes of my conductor. Above one of its extremes, there is a liquid (water), so the problem is magnetohydrodynamics. Besides, how can I compute Lorentz Force?
Regards,
Andrea
Attachments
case.sif
(4.62 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
magnete.msh
(31.37 KiB) Downloaded 129 times