Closed coil with core simulation

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Closed coil with core simulation

Post by raback »

Hi Frederic,

There should not be any empty files. There can be may .vtu files if you run in parallel and the .pvtu file is then the wrapper file.

Perhaps you could share a listing of your problem?

-Peter
ftrillaudp

Post by ftrillaudp »

Dear Peter an all,

Here is the case study. It involves 4 coils and an iron core around them. I join the case study as well as the log.txt file. There is no error indicated in the log.txt file that I have pinpointed.

When running the case, I get 18 vtu files labelled case_t0001.vtu to case_t0018.vtu. Some of these files have no results such as case_t0003.vtu for instance and some results are repeated through some of the files. I did not attached the results since there are two heavy to uploaded, running the case study should create the vtu files. It creates also a results.pos in Gmsh format (some issue there to open in the lasses Gmsh release).

I do not understand why so many files are created first and then why some of them have empty results only providing the "GeometryIDs".

Best,

Frederic
Attachments
Shared.zip
case study
(774.16 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

Join solvers 4 and 8 by adding keywords "Vtu Format = Logical True" and "Gmsh Format = Logical True" and keep the "After Simulation" active.

-Peter