what is "max output level" in simulation section of a sif?

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
foadsf
Antispam: Yes

what is "max output level" in simulation section of a sif?

Post by foadsf »

Hey guys, newbie here :)
Trying to learn ELmer, Have used FEM partially for quite some time but completely unprofessional.
trying to go through one of the sif files provided in the github. but I do not understand what max output level is for and which number should I choose? I have seen different pdfs and presentations. apparently it is an integer number between 1 and 42. as written in one of the presentation 1 is "talkative like a Finnish lumberjack" and 42 for all and everything!!! does anybody have any idea what is this for? I can assume that it might seem a pretty stupid questions for professionals but confusing for new users like me :)
annier
Antispam: Yes

Re: what is "max output level" in simulation section of a sif?

Post by annier »

Hi foadsf,
The "Max Output Level" is the verbosity of your simulation run.
For e.g.
Max Output Level = 1 ! This gives you the minimum comment of what is going on during the simulation run.
Max Output Level = 42 !This gives you the maximum comment of what is going on during the simulation run.
For the same simulation, the first one speaks the least thing whereas the second one speaks everything it has to mention about. The result is unaffected whether you use 1,2,3,4 ...,42. Cheers.

Yours Sincerely,
Anil Kunwar
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice