Body ID, restart

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
Martina
Antispam: Yes

Body ID, restart

Post by Martina »

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is any requirements on the Body ID's when doing restarts.
Is it allowed to change the numbers of the ID's? Is it allowed to have less or more Body's after the restart compared to before?

Apparently some changes allowed, since I have runs where it works (I have defined additional bodies as surfaces of the main 3D body); but now I have runs where it creates seg.faults when I add such an additional body.
(There is two motivations for doing such changes: a) sometimes it occurs only later that one would need an additional body, b) since Elmer complains about Bodies without Equations or Equations without Solvers I often delete the non-used bodies ... but that might create problems if I need them after a restart.)
I get errors like
"ElmerSolver: malloc.c:3822: _int_malloc: Assertion `(unsigned long)(size) >= (unsigned long)(nb)' failed, /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6" or errors related to "modeldescription_MOD_loadrestartfile".

I also tried to add the lines

Code: Select all

Restart Variable 1 = Var_on_3D_body
Restart Variable 2 = Var_will_be_used_on_new_body
In this case the run goes through - Variable 1 is correctly read, however Variable 2 is read correctly only on some nodes and zero elsewhere.

Are there any know limitations/conventions on such Body ID changes? Should it be working to add the new body and I'm doing sth wrong?
If no changes are allowed, is there a simple workaround to avoid all the warnings/errors when having unused bodies/empty equation which would only be used after restarting?

Thanks,
Martina