Inductance extraction for parallel wires

Numerical methods and mathematical models of Elmer
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Inductance extraction for parallel wires

Post by raback »

Hi Shiv

Unfortunately I run your case and could not reproduce the problem. For me the inductance was constant for all tested values of current density.

Maybe you could run trough some test cases that you really get the correct value when you read in Real numbers.

There has been problems with localization of I/O in ElmerGrid plugin in ElmerGUI, for example. It happened that my setup is located in Finland where the official separator is a comma, not a period. Hence when reading in decimal numbers it could not read in the decimals which caused problems. Now the separator in ElmerGUI is independent of localization. We haven't had any such problems with ElmerSolver though but this was the closest I could think of.

What OS are you running on?

Further, the mesh quality was not very ideal but stil the computed energy should depend on the current in a quadratic manner.

-Peter
srinathshiv
Antispam: Yes

Re: Inductance extraction for parallel wires

Post by srinathshiv »

Hi Peter,

I'm using Cent OS 7.

I tried with real values too and I'm attaching a txt file with three test-cases for
1 A/mm^2 , 2 A/mm^2, 3 A/mm^2. As I said before Inductance is consistent for 1A, 2A but not 3A.
test_case.txt
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also can you please tell me is it possible to view current density/current for a given Electric Potential in
Body Force Section.

Body Force 1
Electric Potential = 0.2
End
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also may I know the elmer version and the OS you're running it on?

Thanks.