Cmake-gui compile errors

Post by Gary R »

The compiler hit this error and stopped.:

Code: Select all

Checking if ParMetis library is needed by Mumps
Checking if ParMetis library is needed by Mumps -- yes
Finding ParMetis
CMake Error at cmake/Modules/FindMumps.cmake:149 (MESSAGE):
  Metis library not found, needed by found Mumps library.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:164 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I have tried installing several different metis files including metis5 but the error still persists.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated

Using:
kubuntu with KDE Desktop
AMD Athlon FX processor
Kubuntu 17.04
Using Cmake-GUI for processing

Gary R.
Gary R
Antispam: Yes

Re: Cmake-gui compile errors

Post by Gary R »

Amendment:
The root of my problems in the previous post is the package naming. I really need a cross reference of the names used in the CMakeLists.txt file and the packages found in Ubuntu's library. Specifically, I need to know what Ubuntu packages fulfill the requirements for Mumps, MPI, Openmp and FETI4I.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary R
Gary R

Post by Gary R »

OK By loading ever conceivable package that might possible apply, I finally got the configure to run. But there was a vague warning that an error occurred in the process. I finally got to run make but got the following error

Scanning dependencies of target elmersolver
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/libfeti4i.so', needed by 'fem/src/libelmersolver.so'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:739: recipe for target 'fem/src/CMakeFiles/elmersolver.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [fem/src/CMakeFiles/elmersolver.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:160: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
The one package that I could not find was FETI4I. Where can I find the package?
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi

FETI4I is a Finite Element Tearing and Interconnect -solver by IT for Innovations in Ostrava , see

http://spomech.vsb.cz/feti/
https://code.it4i.cz/hap014/feti4i

Such FETI methods provide the best demonstrated scalability for problems of elasticity with 100's of millions unknowns and 1000's of cores. I would expect quite few users to benefit from this. At least you should be using a supercomputer. Certainly there is no use if you have less than 100 cores at your disposal.

The same goes for many other packages as well. The idea is not to have ALL libraries compiled but only the ones you need. The more exotic libraries add to the complexity of the compilation process.

-Peter
Gary R

Post by Gary R »

Thanks for the reply. I turned of FETI4I and got through the whole process.Unfortunately, when I tried to load the step file for the tutorial on heat conduction I got:

Unable to (re)mesh: no input data or mesh generator (please make sure that your input file suffix is in lower case)
So I went back to the Configure step and checked for Warning messages. The only one at that level is :

You have called ADD_LIBRARY for library CMakeFiles without any source files. This typically indicates a problem with your CMakeLists.txt file
Not sure that that would cause the problem, There were no errors in the generate phase. There were no errors in the make or install phases. ElmerGUI started with no problems.

I tried to load the file /home/gary/Elmer/ElmerGUI/samples/step/pump_carter_sup.stp and got the above error.

What now? Help!

Gary R.