Franz Pichler
Antispam: Yes

Cmake with GUI and iMPI

Post by Franz Pichler »

HI there,

i am not very experienced with cmake so i ask before i do:
the online documentation says to install elmer with

Code: Select all

cmake -DWITH_ELMERGUI:BOOL=FALSE -DWITH_MPI:BOOL=FALSE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../install
The question is about the two FALSE in this line. If i want a GUI and want to have the mpi version do i just set these guys to TRUE?

best regards

Franz
annier

Re: Cmake with GUI and iMPI

Post by annier »

Hi Franz,
For example, when you set

Code: Select all

-DWITH_ELMERGUI:BOOL=TRUE
, you may have to set the additional options(-DWITH_MATC,-DWITH_PYTHONQT,-DWITH_PARAVIEW,...) to TRUE, so that they could be optionally/compulsorily incorporated with ELMERGUI.
Working with Cmake-gui will be easier in this context.

Yours
Anil Kunwar
Anil Kunwar
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
KaiMartin

Re: Cmake with GUI and iMPI

Post by KaiMartin »

annier wrote:Hi Franz,
Working with Cmake-gui will be easier in this context.
Being a noob myself, I'd also suggest cmake-gui and pass an additional hint:
cmake-gui on freshly cloned source directory starts with an empty set options. But the configure actions needs some options to succeed. I did not know what options to add. So I ended up to initially call cmake with the recommended options as above just once. The options persist in the build folder after the command exits. They are read by cmake-gui. With them the configure stage in the GUI worked out of the box for me. At this stage, the cmake-gui offers additional options for the user to choose ("WITH_ELMERGUI", "WITH_MATC",... ). So you don't have to guess what options are available.

In addition, I checked Options ->Suppres_dev_warnings, to make cmake-gui not show developer warnings in the log field.
---<)kaimartin(>---