model-pde.xml, Windows x64 Install, tag mistmatch

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
myoungeleg
Antispam: Yes

model-pde.xml, Windows x64 Install, tag mistmatch

Post by myoungeleg »

Hi all:

I am a new user to ELMER, so please forgive me if I am posting this information in an incorrect location.

I recently downloaded ELMER on both a 64-bit and 32-bit version of Windows 7. I was able to run the first tutorial, "Heat Equation - Temperature Field of a Solid Object", quite easily and it seemed to follow directly from the tutorial. I began to work through the second tutorial entitled, "Generic scalar PDE on a 3D angle domain". I found that the 64 bit version included a directory in the install path called edf-extra. In this folder I found several .xml files that contain the window elements for the GUI. I attempted to copy over model-pde.xml, restarted ELMERGUI, and then encountered an error. The error was a parsing error and it stated:
"Parse Error at line 55 col 15 - tag mismatch".

I have had previous programming experience and a limited background in html and xml files. I read in model-pde.xml to Notepad++ and discovered under the <Material> section from line 26 to line 56 there was a missing </Parameter> tag under "Time Derivative Coefficient". I corrected this error by adding a </Parameter> tag and then saved the file. The error was not noted upon restarting ELMERGUI and the Model-PDE GUI commands were then available.

I know this is a small fix out of this whole software package, but hopefully it helps someone else out if they are trying to work through the tutorials for ELMER GUI in Windows.

Thanks all!