Elmer windows installer

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Elmer windows installer

Post by raback »

Hi Matthias,

Yes, our www-pages have undergone a change. Elmer stuff was more or less copy-pasted but we will be improving them soon after the transition to cmake & git is over.

The permanent link to the official homepage of Elmer is
https://www.csc.fi/elmer
-Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi Peter,

I knew that - I just point some people directly to the documentation page from time to time. :)
So if possible a redirect for that one would be nice, so that the links in old posts still work.

Matthias
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

is the ElmerGUIlogger still available in the new installer? Or can I use the old one?
I have a strange error message ('unable to open file: file type unknown') in the ElmerGUI status bar and would like to know more...

Matthias

EDIT: Apparently I can't use the old logger, it starts the old ElmerGUI, or it crashes when I start it in the new Elmer bin directory. So it would be nice if the logger was built for the new version and made available...
raback
Site Admin

Post by raback »

Hi All,

There are still small bits and pieces to improve on the new installer but I think that it is for most cases preferred over the old installer that broke down about one year ago. Hence I just changed the default installers to the cmake versions on sf.net/projects/elmerfem. They are also available at http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/sci/physics/elmer/bin. If you face any problems, please just report the issues to this thread. The installer is still being polished.

-Peter
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Hi,

I repeat my question concerning the ElmerGUIlogger. It would be nice if it was made available for the current Elmer Windows version.
Also, is there a tarball (zip would be better since it it can be better handled by Windows users) with the tests directory, as discussed previously?
And I have seen that there is a elmerfem-nightly.exe. Is this a full Windows installer? 32bit or 64bit?

Matthias
kataja

Post by kataja »

Hi again,

the ElmerGUIlogger is now included in the nightly build. Also, the installer name was suffixed with _Windows-AMD64.

Cheers,
Juhani
mzenker

Post by mzenker »

Thank you!

Matthias