CMake

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
philtweir
Antispam: Yes

CMake

Post by philtweir »

Hello,

At the moment, I am trying to combine the current Elmer and an older modified version, and to run compile it on several different machines - as I have discovered that some of the Autotools changes since have made the old build-scripts less reliable, I was thinking it may be worth sitting down and getting a basic CMake build working. I noticed that there was some mention this time last year of dev work in that direction (Re: help for installing Elmer 64bits on Windows 7) but that it was planned alongside file restructuring. Has there been any progress with this? Just to save me reinventing the wheel, is there anything I could work from, please? Otherwise, is this still a direction that the dev team are planning to go? For the moment, I'll just work from scratch, but any input would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
philtweir
Antispam: Yes

Re: CMake

Post by philtweir »

Just to close this off as it has quite a few views - thanks to Sami and Peter for their fine job getting everything up and running - if you're coming here wondering if the CMake build is implemented: yes.