elmerGUI installation on Debian Lenny (2)

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
Ahmed

elmerGUI installation on Debian Lenny (2)

Post by Ahmed »

with the newly installed elmerGUI on my Debian partition, I tried to test its functionality, I tried to read the pump carter case file,
ElmerGUI responds displaying the following message

Unable to (re)mesh: no input data or mesh generator (please make sure that your input file suffix is in lower case.

This might be related to my previous message, but the bottom line is that ElmerGUI is not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

1- Why the developers cannot release the open source libraries they used in the development of Elmer in one package?
2- Why the developers cannot release a binary Debian file?
The deb file format is used by many other distros
3- Are the developers encouraging the return to the Windows system? I ask this particular question because the elmerGUI on windows is working properly.

Have fun and keep up with the good work
mal
Site Admin

Re: elmerGUI installation on Debian Lenny (2)

Post by mal »

Ahmed wrote:with the newly installed elmerGUI on my Debian partition, I tried to test its functionality, I tried to read the pump carter case file,
ElmerGUI responds displaying the following message

Unable to (re)mesh: no input data or mesh generator (please make sure that your input file suffix is in lower case.

This might be related to my previous message, but the bottom line is that ElmerGUI is not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

1- Why the developers cannot release the open source libraries they used in the development of Elmer in one package?
2- Why the developers cannot release a binary Debian file?
The deb file format is used by many other distros
3- Are the developers encouraging the return to the Windows system? I ask this particular question because the elmerGUI on windows is working properly.

Have fun and keep up with the good work
The distribution model of Linux is completely different from that of Windows.

For Debian packaging, see http://www.elmerfem.org/wiki/index.php/ ... u_Packages
Ahmed

Re: elmerGUI installation on Debian Lenny (2)

Post by Ahmed »

Thanks for the opennovation link.
Files available there are broken and produce the same error messages, that is why I am trying to compile it on my Debian partition.

Thanks again and good luck