Installed new Binnary Bug

Discussion about building and installing Elmer
john quinn

Installed new Binnary Bug

Post by john quinn »

All,
Its been a year since I installed a new binary so I went ahead and installed the latest version onto directory C. I loaded a mesh and a .sif file and ran a simulation that was fully operational before the reinstallation. However the simulation seems to partially run the Flow solver (Navier-Stokes) which seems to then stop because the second solver (AdvectionDiffusion) fails to start. I had a look at the event log and noted that it was not finding all Solver Keywords so I added the mising Keywords to the text file (Solver-Keywords) in the Share/Solver/ directory. The keywords are now recognized but the simulation still fails to run. I didn't overwrite my previous version of ElmerGUI so I ran the old version of ElmerGUI and got the same problem. Why would a new installation (c:\Elmer 6.2) change something in the old installation (C:\Elmer 6.0) ?
What can I do to restore my configuration or can I just drop in a few missing files somewhere?
Thanks John.
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Installed new Binnary Bug

Post by raback »

Hi John

Everything should be backward compatible. Perhaps you could attach the project that works under 6.0 but not under 6.2 and we could see what the problem might be.

-Peter