OS is Debian testing/buster last updated in June 2018. I used cmake-gui to choose build options:
Code: Select all
$ git clone https://github.com/ElmerCSC/elmerfem elmerfem $ cd elmerfem $ git checkout origin/devel $ cmake-gui CMakeCache.txt --> check some options --> press the configure button --> press the generate button $ cd build $ make -j 4 $ sudo make install
- libvtk5-qt4-dev <-- from old-stable
- libvtk5-dev <-- from old-stable
- WITH_HYPRE → configure claims to not find the files installed by the Debian package
- WITH_MATC → fatal errors during compile
- WITH_MKL → fatal errors during compile
- INSTALL_OLD_TESTS → these are depreciated, so I did not try to compile
- WITH_FETI4I → not in Debian and not anywhere else on the internet to be found
From discussions found by internet searches I get that FETI4I is quite an elusive library. It does not seem to be available for download anywhere. I was not able to determine the potential benefit, either. So I assume this option can be safely ignored.
Installing vtk5 libraries requires inclusion of "jessie/old-stable" in the set of repositories. However, this will get laborious once buster is declared stable. Then packages from jessie will have to be resurrected from the archive. I sincerely hope, elmer is going to have upgraded the requirement to vtk6 or even better to vtk7 by this time.
TLDR: I was able to compile elmer with all major features. This required to include vtk5 packages from old stable.