Installing Elmer in Ubuntu 14.04 using Cmake

Discussion about building and installing Elmer

Re: Installing Elmer in Ubuntu 14.04 using Cmake

Postby mzenker » 17 Jul 2017, 01:06

Hi Anil,

thanks for your hints. Mysteriously, after a reboot the problem is gone. So the fresh Elmer from launchpad works now.

Thank you!

Matthias
mzenker

Postby annier » 17 Jul 2017, 17:38

Matthias,
Cheers.

Yours Sincerely,
Anil Kunwar
annier

Postby mzenker » 19 Jul 2017, 04:27

Hi again,

to be sure that my Elmer installation from launchpad really works OK, I would like to run the tests. Is there a way to do this using the tests directory from the source tree? Of course I can do that manually, one by one, but can I somehow get the automated test run to work without having compiled from source?

Thanks,

Matthias
mzenker

Postby annier » 19 Jul 2017, 12:45

Matthias,
the command ctest is based upon cmake based installation.
i do not have idea on how we do the testing. normally launchpad based installation of Elmer is usually perfect and uptodate.
perhaps, there may be a command in ubuntu to test the files for the elmer test.
i have never used it however.

Yours Sincerely,
Anil Kunwar
annier

Postby shubh_shinde » 14 Aug 2017, 12:50

Hi all,
I am getting the following error during installation. I have verified that the gfortran is installed to its latest version.
Code: Select all
[ 66%] Linking Fortran shared library libelmersolver.so
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/liblapack.a(dgetrf2.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `dgetrf2_' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
fem/src/CMakeFiles/elmersolver.dir/build.make:2315: recipe for target 'fem/src/libelmersolver.so' failed
make[2]: *** [fem/src/libelmersolver.so] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:737: recipe for target 'fem/src/CMakeFiles/elmersolver.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [fem/src/CMakeFiles/elmersolver.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:160: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please suggest what is going wrong. This is my first time installation with Elmer.
Thanks and Sincerely,
Shubham
shubh_shinde

Postby annier » 28 Aug 2017, 17:46

Hi shubham,
1. As per my experience, cmake based elmer installation is an arts of optimizing the elmer utility as per our flavour and skills. Keep on trying and as per your error log, there is a linking error with some of the shared libraries of elmersolver. the main library pointed out by the log is/are lapack libraries- check their versions and path. so try ticking and unticking many options that come along with elmersolver in the cmake-gui. also, please try using new cmake build when you find the older one produces error during compilation.
2. The easiest way to install elmer in Ubuntu xx.yy version is by using launchpad. For elmer installation issues with launchpad in Ubuntu 17.04, please refer viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4413.

Yours Sincerely,
Anil Kunwar
annier

Previous

Return to Installation & compilation