No image uploading in Elmer Wiki

Clearly defined bug reports and their fixes
petroo

No image uploading in Elmer Wiki

Post by petroo »

Hello @all,

I'd love to contribute some additional texts and images to the Elmer Wiki. The text works well, but it does not seem possible to upload any new images. According to the error message, the server does not have write access to a directory relevant for the upload and integration process.

Regards,

Peter
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: No image uploading in Elmer Wiki

Post by raback »

Hi Peter

In what format are you trying to upload the figures. At least .png pictures should be ok since there are the Salome intructions that work include some figures. Additionally .jpg format was just added by mal. Also the right to write on the disk should be ok. There is no automatic resizing of the figures (ImageMagick is not installed) so one should size the figures to the desired resolution in advance.

-Peter
petroo

Post by petroo »

Hi Peter,
In what format are you trying to upload the figures. At least .png pictures should be ok since there are the Salome intructions that work include some figures. Additionally .jpg format was just added by mal.
Hmm - sorry, but the image I wanted to upload is a new PNG. I tried JPG also some days ago, but that may not have been possible then, as you just stated.
Also the right to write on the disk should be ok. There is no automatic resizing of the figures (ImageMagick is not installed) so one should size the figures to the desired resolution in advance.
Hmmm again - since my image is a new one (sized approx. 56 kB) that should not matter. And the error message does not point in this direction either:

On main part of the page:
Internal error: Could not create directory "public/4/44"

Written in the top left corner, interfering with the normal page layout (i.e. appearently written before the general page layout is produced by the php framework):
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/np29546/domains/elmerfem.org/public_html/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2012

I'd say there are some permission set wrongly in a temporary directory used for image integration.

Regards,

Peter
mal
Site Admin

Post by mal »

Hi Peters,
petroo wrote:The text works well, but it does not seem possible to upload any new images.
Confirmed.
We will try to fix the problem asap (the problem is more subtle than just a permission issue).
I'll let you know when it is done.
Thanks.
ML
mal
Site Admin

Post by mal »

Hi,
Uploading images should work now.
ML
petroo

Post by petroo »

Hi Mal,

yes, uploading now worked. ;)

But on the page that I modified (http://www.elmerfem.org/wiki/index.php/ ... mputations) an older image that I did not touch in my editing now seems dysfunct ("File:Parallelconcept.jpg"). I just tried to adapt the syntax for it, comparing it to my correctly displayed new uploaded image, but it would not revert to being displayed again. Maybe you can take a short look on that?

Kind regards,

Peter
mal
Site Admin

Post by mal »

Hello Peter,
The old images & attachments should be restored now.
Regards,
ML