Pb with conditional Dirichlet

Clearly defined bug reports and their fixes
fgillet

Pb with conditional Dirichlet

Post by fgillet »

Hello;

It seems that Solver % Matrix % ConstrainedDOF is never reinitailised to FALSE so that when a node get a Dirichlet condition, it will always apply a Dirichlet condition. This could be a problem when using a "Condition" for the dirichlet condition and when the condition change from TRUE to FALSE.

A fix for the default beahaviour is:
Line 4384 of DefUtils.F90 (in DefaultDirichletBCs):
A % ConstrainedDOF = .FALSE.
should come after the ENDIF so that it will be re-initialized at each call of DefaultDirichletBCs;

However this do not solve the issue for solvers that do not use the DefaultDirichletBCs routine.

best regards,

Fabien
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Re: Pb with conditional Dirichlet

Post by raback »

Hi Fabien

Now the Dirichlet conditions are enforced at the end of DefaultDirichletBCs() so that has to be the last routine to call when setting Dirichlet conditions. However, I know that there are some codes which set Dirichlet BCs outside that routine. Hence putting the initilization of ConstrainedDOF in front of DefaultDirichletBCs() would make these codes of no effect.

For this reason the initialization of ConstrainDOFs and DValues is also done in DefaultInitialize() which should be called prior to every timestep. Hence my recommendation would be to put the DefaultInialize() before start of the assembly. Then the conditional conditions should also be correctly treated. Would this solve your problem at hand?

-Peter
fgillet

Post by fgillet »

Hi Peter;

Yes a call to DefaultInitialize() will also solve our problem.
Currently we have this problem with the Navier-Stokes solver, I see that it is calling InitializeToZero().
Replacing the InitializeToZero() line by CALL DefaultInitialize() will sove our problem.

I see that there is few other solvers that have the CALL InitializeToZero instead of DefaultInitialize() ; especially for ParStokes I think that the lines:
CALL InitializeToZero( AMatrix, AMatrix % RHS )
CALL InitializeToZero( PMatrix, PMatrix % RHS )
can be changed respectively by:
CALL DefaultInitialize(USolver=VelocitySolver)
CALL DefaultInitialize(USolver=PressureSolver)

thanks

fabien
raback
Site Admin
Antispam: Yes

Post by raback »

Hi Fabien

Thanx. I did exactly this for FlowSolve. Maybe you can test ParStokes that it is ok there too before committing. FlowSolve is more of a standard solver.

-Peter
fgillet

Post by fgillet »

ok.
Thanks!

Fabien